Objective 1: Explore mechanisms and best practices of how to facilitate third-party infrastructure development, where required and a business case exists.
- Identify and assess current to 10-year prediction of infrastructure needs for future development.
- Conduct a thorough environmental scan and evaluation of best practices in infrastructure development for relevant utilities identified in the above action, including current trends, financing, partnerships, the role of government, and the role of the private sector. Once completed a report with recommendations should be prepared for Council.
- Identify and continue to engage potential partners to monitor, advocate for, and support expansion of infrastructure where required.
- Maintain a map of existing natural gas coverage and identify areas of priority for expansion of services.
- Remain current on funding opportunities related to infrastructure expansion in priority areas.
- Apply for funding opportunities for infrastructure development where possible and relevant.
- Provide support for infrastructure development applications that benefit the Township.
- Evaluate need and required resources for Township to invest in service expansion where relevant and feasible.
- Continue to monitor the provision of high-speed internet in the Township to ensure coverage commitments are realized and resident and business concerns are addressed.
- Continue to engage potential partners such as the South Western Integrated Fibre Technology (SWIFT) and the County of Simcoe to encourage expansion of high-speed internet services.
Objective 2: Advocate to other levels of government and the private sector for enhanced provision of required infrastructure from 10-year vision.
- Conduct a thorough environmental scan and evaluation of best practices in municipal advocacy tactics related to strategic infrastructure needs.
- Select the best practice with the highest chance of implementation success and report to Council.
- Identify and continue to engage a range of partners to collaboratively advocate for the expansion of needed infrastructure services.