Taxes & FinanceChief Financial Officer / Treasurer
The Treasurer is the chief financial and accounting officer of the municipality. The Treasurer is responsible for ensuring the proper, efficient financial operation of the municipality in accordance with the Municipal Act and established accounting principles. Provides leadership to the department and implements policies and procedures as set by council.
Tax Collector / Deputy Treasurer
The tax collector is responsible for tax levies and all aspects of taxation and water revenue collection for the Municipality. Manages the day-to-day operations of the finance department as it pertains to the administration of all revenues.
Key Responsibilities: Treasury Department
- Provides financial information, reports, analysis, and guidance to Council, the public and departments regarding financial matters.
- Establishes, develops and maintains accounting systems and procedures relating to financial activities.
- Prepares Operating and Capital Budgets and annual Financial Statements. Administers the financial aspect of the Development Charges Act.
- Responsible for tax and water billing
- Responsible for investments and borrowing funds on an as required basis.