Proud Heritage, Exciting Future
2021-2023 Strategic Plan
The Township of Oro-Medonte's Strategic Plan defines our vision, priorities and ultimately our culture.
This plan builds upon the work of previous Councils, our 2015-2018 Strategic Plan, the Service Delivery Review (2021) and the Planning & Development Process Review (2020). Based on feedback received from the community, staff, and members of Council, this plan will focus our efforts and guide our decision-making for the remainder of this term and provides a foundation for future Councils to move forward.
2024-2027 Strategic Plan
Council is in the process of developing a Strategic Plan that will shape Township decision-making, resource allocation, and business planning for the next four years (2024-2027). Thank you to all residents and business owners who participated in the Strategic Plan Questionnaire. Please note there will be further opportunities to provide input in the fall (October 2023 timeframe). Please continue to watch our website and social media channels for more information and updates.
To be a progressive, collaborative, and healthy community where everyone can live, work, and play.
To provide services that respond to the evolving needs of our community.
The goals of the Township of Oro-Medonte are to:
- Prepare for Our Future
- Review and Update Master Plans
- Develop an Environmental Sustainability and Climate Change Strategy
- Develop a Sustainable Financial Strategy
- Effectively Manage our Capital Assets
- Establish a Sustainable Approach to Servicing & Infrastructure
- Foster Safe and Inclusive Community Living & Business Growth
- Review and Update Official Plan
- Build on Local Events
- Support Growth Through the Establishment of Municipal Service Corporations
- Facilitate Improvements to Broadband Connectivity and Natural Gas
- Review and Update Economic Development Strategy
- Modernize Township Services
- Update the Township's Information Technology Strategic Plan
- Streamline Permitting Process
- Digitize and Enhance Records Management System
- Replace the Township's Digital Operating Systems
- Implement Standard Information Technology Practices
- Update the Township's Website
- Improve Delivery Services
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Support Our Workforce
- Implement Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Improve Performance Management Program
- Revise Approach to Prioritizing Initiatives
- Measure Employee Satisfaction
- Maintain Effective Governance-Operational Relations
The Township of Oro-Medonte's Values include:
- Service Oriented
- Open-minded & Inclusive
Download your copy of the 2021-2023 Strategic Plan