Fire & Emergency Services
CURRENT FIRE RATING:
The Fire Department headquarters is located at:
3375 Line 4 N
Station #3 Horseshoe Valley
Our Fire Department is comprised of 155 volunteer firefighters with a full time Fire Chief, Deputy Chief and Fire Prevention Officer. Oro-Medonte covers a land area of 61,000 hectares, stretching from the northern border of Barrie and Lake Simcoe to the southern fringes of Orillia and north to Tay and Severn Townships, as well as providing emergency assistance to our neighbouring communities through mutual aid agreements.
Grown-Ups - Children don't always awake when the smoke alarm sounds. Know what your child will do before a fire occurs.
Get more information on smoke alarms and escape planning at:
Fire Station Locations
- Station #1 - Shanty Bay - 300 Line 3 South
- Station #2 - Hawkestone - 375 Line 11 South
- Station #3 - Horseshoe Valley - Headquarters - 3375 Line 4 North
- Station #4 - Rugby - 1904 Old Barrie Road East
- Station #5 - Warminster - 1911 Warminster Sideroad
- Station #6 - Moonstone - 5668 Line 7 North
Emergency Preparedness Week: May 2 - 8, 2021
The Township of Oro-Medonte is reminding residents about the importance of preparing themselves and their families for a wide-range of potential emergency situations by once again observing Emergency Preparedness (EP) Week from May 2 to 8, 2021.
Take the steps to be prepared:
- Know the Risks
- Make a Plan
- Get a Kit
Find out how in our Emergency Preparedness Guide