Freedom of Information (FOI)
The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act provides a right of access to records and personal information. This right of access applies to records and personal information under the control of the Township of Oro-Medonte.
The purposes of the Act are as follows:
1. To provide a right of access to information under the control of the Township in accordance with the principles that:
- information held by the Township should be available to the public;
- necessary exemptions from the right of access should be limited and specific; and
- decisions on the disclosure of information should be reviewed independently of the Township; and
2. To protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves held by the Township and to provide individuals with a right of access to that information.
Before submitting a formal request for access, please contact the Township to determine if the information is already available.
If a formal request for access is necessary, please complete the FOI Request below, and submit to the Township, along with a $5.00 application fee. You will receive a response within 30 days of the Township receiving your request. Please note that fees will be charged in accordance with the Act for search time, preparation time, photocopying, shipping, etc. and some information may be subject to the exemptions identified in the Act.
Sign up for our Council Highlights & Township Updates Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with Council meetings, important topics of discussion, and relevant information by subscribing to the Council Highlights & Township Updates eNewsletter!