Couchiching OPP Detachment Board Recruitment
Couchiching O.P.P. Detachment Board Recruitment
The Board will include one elected official from each of the following municipalities, as well as 4 community members and 2 provincial appointees:
- City of Orillia
- Township of Oro-Medonte
- Township of Ramara
- Township of Severn
To apply to become a Community Appointee, you must:
- Be an eligible elector in one of the member municipalities
- Obtain a current and acceptable Criminal Record Check, at your expense, prior to appointment to the Board.
- Successfully complete various online training courses
You are not eligible if you are:
- A judge or justice of the peace
- A member of a police service, special constable, or a First Nation Officer
- Someone practicing criminal law (either defense or prosecution)
- A director, officer, or employee of any policing provider
- A former member of a police services unless:
- The OPP Detachment Board does not maintain a police service that the person was a member of; and
- At least one year has passed since the person ceased to be a member of any police service.
If you live in one of these communities and would like to support community wellbeing, we invite you to apply to join the board. Experience in local government and/or serving on agencies, boards and committees is considered an asset.
Appointees to the Board will receive compensation at a per-diem rate and will be reimbursed for travel mileage to and from meetings. This opportunity offers a chance to actively participate in shaping local law enforcement and safety initiatives.
The City of Orillia is managing the intake of all applications. All interested applicants may submit their applications (cover letter and resume) by email to Kristine Preston, Deputy Clerk for the City of Orillia at email@example.com or deliver in-person to your local Clerk’s Office.
Following completion of the interview and selection process, each member municipality will be appointing its own community member to the Board.
The application deadline is Sunday, March 3, 2024.
Sign up for our Council Highlights & Township Updates Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with Council meetings, important topics of discussion, and relevant information by subscribing to the Council Highlights & Township Updates eNewsletter!