Most of the Township residences include private lot level septic systems.
More information about the Township septic program. LINK
Only select private residences in Horseshoe Valley are serviced by municipal communal tile fields. Many (but not all) residences connected to these systems are equipped with a septic tank (i.e. holding tank), which provides the first level of sewage treatment. The effluent from the private septic tank is then released to the municipal collection system and processed by a communal tile field, operated and maintained by the Municipality.
The seven (7) tile fields in Horseshoe Valley service ~100 homes (see map link)
- The Township is responsible for operations and maintenance of tile fields and associated tanks/distribution boxes, collection system and manholes
Systems are currently under Review by the Ministry of Environment, Conservation & Parks through the Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) Process
- There will be no further municipal connections until ECA is approved
Horseshoe Valley Wastewater Treatment Plant
Presently, the Municipality does not own or operate the Horseshoe Valley wastewater collection system and treatment plant (WWTP). However, under the provisions of a Municipal Responsibility Agreement and Municipal Capital Facility Agreement between the Municipality, Ministry of the Environment and Skyline Resort Communities ('Skyline'), the Municipality completes the following:
- Periodic inspections of the Horseshoe Wastewater Treatment Plant lagoon system by the Municipality's Environmental Services Department.
- Annual, third party, peer review of Horseshoe Wastewater Treatment Plant operations by the Municipality's Engineering consultant.
- Customer invoicing on behalf of Skyline for wastewater services related to the Horseshoe Wastewater Treatment Plant by the Municipality's Finance Department.
This private wastewater treatment facility owned and operated by Skyline Utilities serves a portion of Horseshoe Valley, providing wastewater services for select areas.
Any questions concerning wastewater services and rates, maintenance programs and reporting for Skyline customers should be directed to Skyline via Horseshoe Resort at 705 835-2790, extension 1348.