2019 Budget Documents
Township of Oro-Medonte Council passed the 2019 budget that reflects an overall tax increase of 3.99%, inclusive of the County, School Board and the Township's portion. The tax increase is representative of an additional $35.17 per $100,000 residential assessment.
To ensure that Oro-Medonte continues to be a safe, desirable place to live, work and play, the Township's operating budget has been increased by 2.93%. This increase will provide for continued investment in the services which positively impact roads, bridges, parkland, recreation/leisure opportunities and buildings for residents.
For necessary infrastructure projects to be undertaken today and in future years, the Township is investing an additional 4% contribution in the 2019 budget to infrastructure renewal reserves (roadways, bridges, building etc.)
Highlights of the 2019 budget include:
- $4.3 million for roads and bridge construction projects
- acquisition of 3 new tandem snowplow trucks and a loader
- funding allocation for construction of the new Shanty Bay Firehall
- acquisition of new fire pumper truck and tanker truck
- replacement of extrication equipment at Fire Station 1
- replacement of backstop fencing at the Lions 1 and 2 ball diamonds and fence repair to Ravines of Medonte
- completion of landscaping at Danny McCue Park
- phase one implementation of community/wayfinding signage program.
- initial work to integrate Zone 1 water customers in Horseshoe Valley onto the Township's user-pay water system