2018 Budget Documents
Please review the 2018 Budget Documents provided on the right in pdf format.
The Township of Oro-Medonte Council passed the 2018 budget that reflects an overall (County, School Board and Township) tax increase of 2.99%. This works out to be an additional $25.53 per $100,000 residential assessment.
Oro-Medonte continues to invest in our roads, bridges, parkland, and buildings for our residents and community. The budget dedicates an allocation of an additional 1% to roads, 1% to infrastructure renewal and 1% to replenish the budget stabilization reserve. The 2018 budget also includes $1,490,000 for construction of the new Shanty Bay Fire Hall.
Major capital expenditures and projects include:
- $4.3 million for roads and bridge construction projects;
- Repairs to the Township’s five community halls;
- New Elevated Water Storage Tank in Horseshoe Valley;
- New Fire Pumper Truck;
- Replacement of ball diamond lights at Lions 1 and Vasey diamonds;
- Resurfacing of tennis courts Horseshoe Valley Memorial Park;
- Dock replacement (Carthew Bay);
- Development of pavilion in Ramey Memorial Park (Moonstone);
- Danny McHugh Park Development – Multi Purpose Pad and Washroom repairs;
- Planning for potential partnership with the Simcoe County District School Board for new school/community centre.