2020 Budget Documents
Township of Oro-Medonte Council passed the 2020 budget that reflects an additional $30.64 per $100,000 residential assessment. The 3.5% overall increase is inclusive of the County, School Board and the Township’s portions.
The Township’s share was divided between 1.75% for operating, and 4% for infrastructure.
The increase applied to the operating budget is slightly below the cost of inflation (CPI.) This will provide for continued investment in the services which positively impact roads, bridges, parkland, recreation/leisure opportunities, customer service, and buildings for residents. The remaining increase was dedicated to the Township’s ongoing commitment to infrastructure renewal.
Highlights of the 2020 budget include:
- $4.8 million for roads and bridge construction projects
- acquisition of a new spray patch machine for more effective pothole repairs
- acquisition of a new loader
- continued development of community parks
- funding towards establishing a new central Community Centre in partnership with the Simcoe County District School Board
- updating the Parks and Recreation Master Plan
Fire & Emergency Services:
- acquisition of high pressure extrication equipment
- acquisition of a new tanker truck
- expansion of fire headquarters to include additional training facilities
- updating the Township’s Fire Master Plan
- water distribution system upgrades in Sugarbush
- continued investment to integrate Zone 1 (Skyline) water customers in Horseshoe Valley to the Township user pay drinking water system
- funding to modernize the Township’s corporate computer software systems