Please Note: In response to the Province’s direction to temporarily move Ontario into Step Two of its Roadmap to Reopen with modifications effective Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 12:01 a.m., at this time, the Oro-Medonte Community Arena is closed.
Please Note: Due to current COVID-19 capacity limits and gathering restrictions, banquet hall rentals are suspended until further notice.
Arena & Community Banquet Hall
Public Skating has resumed at the Oro-Medonte Community Arena.
Please review the following information to access the ice surface.
Welcome back skaters!
This is a FREE activity that does not require pre-registration. Participants are required to complete online screening prior to entering the arena. Anyone over the age of 12 must provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.)
DATES & TIMES:
Tuesday & Friday 11:00-11:50am
This is a FREE activity that does not require pre-registration. Participants are required to complete online screening prior to entering the arena Anyone over the age of 12 must provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.)
DATES & TIMES:
Monday & Wednesday 11:00 -11:50am
Youth and Adult Public Skates
Participants are required to complete online screening prior to entering the arena. Anyone over the age of 12 must provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.). There is a $2.00 fee to access this activity and pre-registration is required through our online registration software. The maximum capacity for this activity is 36 skaters. Please visit oro-medonte.perfectmind.com for registration.
DATES & TIMES:
Friday 6:00-7:20pm & Sunday 2:30-3:20pm
Booking ice time just got easier! You can now reserve ice time in just a few clicks. View availability and instantly rent ice by visiting the link: http://oro-medonte.perfectmind.com/
Holiday Public Skating Schedule
Monday, Dec. 20 from 2:00-2:50 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 21 from 2:00-2:50 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 22 from 2:00-2:50 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 23 from 2:00-2:50 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 26 from 2:00 - 2:50 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 27 from 10:00-10:50 a.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 28 from 12:00-12:50 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 29 from 10:00-10:50 a.m.
Thursday, Dec. 30 from 12:00-12:50 p.m.
Please Note: The maximum capacity per ice time is 36 skaters. All skaters over the age of 12 must provide ID and proof of double vaccination.
- Spectators accompanying skaters who are not going on the ice do not count towards the maximum capacity of 36, and are not required to register.
Registration Instructions to Access the Ice Surface:
- Registration is required for every individual date you wish to attend. Registration is required to access the ice surface in the Oro-Medonte Community Arena.
Public Skating Registration
Please visit oro-medonte.perfectmind.com. Please note this is a new registration system. If you have an existing account and have forgotten your password, please follow the prompts to reset your password. If you are a new user, please create an account.
- Once you are logged into the system, please select “Public Skating" from the menu at the top of your screen, and select the public skating event/time you would like to attend by clicking “Register Here."
- An overview of the class with important information pertaining to the activity will be provided. Please review this information and click on the blue “REGISTER HERE" button located in the upper right and corner of your screen.
2. You will be prompted to provide registrants names. Depending on how many individuals are listed on your individual account, you may wish to add other family members. To do this, please click on the “+" symbol and select “+ Add Family Member" by completing the required fields.
3. Please sure you review the waiver and select “Agree", then click the “NEXT" button to be prompted the “CHECKOUT" screen. On this screen, please ensure all information is correct and select “CHECKOUT". If corrections are required, please click the “Modify Booking" button.
Select payment method
- If you are registering for a program/activity that requires payment, please select the payment method. If you are a new account holder, there is an option to add a new card to your account. If you already have an account, with a payment method attached to your account, the card will be automatically processed.
Please click “Place My Order" to complete your transaction. You will be e-mailed a receipt and registration confirmation along with an option to “Add to Calendar" which will automatically populate the calendar function on your device.
- Spectators or guardians who are accompanying skaters are not required to register but are required to complete online screening and provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.)
- Upon entry to the Oro-Medonte Community Arena, Township staff will be requesting proof of completed screening and vaccination status (if applicable.) Confirmation of payment will be maintained though a “class list"; however, it will be helpful if you are able to provide confirmation of registration at the door.
Understanding this is a new process and the Township is no longer able to accept payment at the door, there is an option for individuals to register upon arrival at the arena using a smartphone by visiting oro-medonte.perfectmind.com provided there are spaces available. If you do not have a smartphone, Township staff will be available to provide assistance through the use of a Township laptop to complete the registration process.
Province of Ontario COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Status Requirements & Capacity Changes
In response to the rapidly-spreading and highly transmissible Omicron variant, on December 17, 2021, the Province of Ontario announced that additional public health measures will be applied across a number of sectors to help curb transmission.
Effective Sunday, December 19th, the following changes will be implemented at the Oro-Medonte Community Arena:
Capacity Limits – The number of people permitted in the building will be 50% capacity or what can be accommodated with required physical distancing measures. As a result, dressing room capacities will again be limited to 9 people per room, and showers will be made unavailable to accommodate additional players in the room. Given the capacity restrictions, each ice booking will be allocated up to a maximum of 4 dressing rooms to accommodate up to 36 participants on the ice. Officials, coaches & volunteers are not included in these numbers.
Bookings - After proof of ID, vaccination and confirmation of screening has been reviewed by staff, groups will be let in 15 minutes prior to ice time. This is required to allow necessary time for staff to properly clean and disinfect dressing rooms in between renters, and maintain capacity limits. At the end of your ice time, participants will have 15 minutes to change and vacate the building. Please be respectful of this time.
Spectators – Spectators are still allowed in the building, but are limited to 1 spectator/guardian per participant. Spectators will be granted entry with participants/players at the beginning of the ice booking. Once you have entered the building, you must remain for the scheduled ice time. All patrons are asked to quickly vacate the building after your ice time to ensure total building capacity limits are maintained and to allow staff time to clean.
Proof of Identification and Vaccination– Due to new provincial regulations taking effect December 20th, anyone 12 years old and over visiting the arena (either spectator or participant) are required to provide a valid piece of ID and proof of full vaccination (plus 14 days). Acceptable forms of ID must show the person’s name and birth. Examples include:
- Driver’s License
- Health Card
The Township is no longer able to accept digital forms of ID (ie. pictures on your smartphone, photocopies, etc.). It must be the actual piece of identification. (Youth aged 12-18 years old are exempt from this and they may show a digital version of their ID.)
Effective Tuesday, January 4th, the only valid proof of vaccination will be receipts showing the QR code, that will be scanned using the Verify Ontario app. Receipts can be either digital or printed, but must show the QR code. No other form of vaccination documentation will be accepted. Those with medical exemptions will also require a QR code. If your medical documentation doesn’t currently have a code, you are to visit your local Public Health Unit where they will verify your exemption and provide you with a code for screening purposes.
Contact Tracing and Screening – All visitors (participants & spectators) must still complete a health screening prior to entering the building using the online tool. For those people without a cell phone/computer, an alternative will be provided to you at the door. Screenings must be completed the day of your visit.
Physical Distancing and Masking – All participants & spectators must remain masked while in line to enter the building, and while in the arena. Participants may remove their masks when they put their helmets on, or when they enter the ice. Spectators must remain masked at all times. Food and drink for spectators will not be permitted in the building as a means to ensure all visitors remain masked while indoors. Patrons must ensure that physical distancing of 2m or more is maintained in dressing rooms, lobby and spectator areas.
We thank you for your ongoing cooperation and understanding as the Township responds and adapts to changing regulations.
Arena / Banquet Hall / Meeting Room
71 Line 4 North
(Corner of Hwy # 11 S and 4th Line N)
Facility capacity: 400 persons on the floor surface
- Seasonal ice play – September to April (no summer ice available)
- Public skating begins in October until the end of the season
- Concession stand on-site during the ice season – available for catering hall events
- 6 Dressing Rooms with showers
- Warm and cold viewing areas
- Summer floor rental availability for sports (ie: ball hockey, lacrosse) and various uses. Contact us to determine if your event would suit our facility.
Facility capacity: 200-250 persons
- Air conditioned
- Wheelchair accessible with an elevator
- Has basic kitchen facility for food preparation & serving ONLY
- Excellent for hosting many types of events
- Anniversaries, Jack & Jill / Buck & Doe Events
- Birthday parties (can be coordinated with public skating)
- Business meetings, conferences, training sessions, etc.
The new meeting room at the Community Centre is located on the upper floor of the building across from the Banquet Hall. It is carpeted and comfortably fits 12-15 people with a separate accessible washroom and overlooks the highway.
To book this room please contact the Operations & Community Services Department at 487-2171.