Arena & Community Banquet Hall
Public Skating has now resumed at the Oro-Medonte Community Arena.
Please review the following information to access the ice surface.
Welcome back skaters!
This is a FREE activity that does not require pre-registration. Participants are required to complete online screening prior to entering the arena. Anyone over the age of 12 must provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.)
This is a FREE activity that does not require pre-registration. Participants are required to complete online screening prior to entering the arena Anyone over the age of 12 must provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.)
Youth and Adult Public Skates
Participants are required to complete online screening prior to entering the arena. Anyone over the age of 12 must provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.). There is a $2.00 fee to access this activity and pre-registration is required through our online registration software. The maximum capacity for this activity is 36 skaters.
- Spectators accompanying skaters who are not going on the ice do not count towards the maximum capacity of 36, and are not required to register.
Registration Instructions to Access the Ice Surface:
- Registration is required for every individual date you wish to attend. Registration is required to access the ice surface in the Oro-Medonte Community Arena.
Public Skating Registration
Please visit oro-medonte.perfectmind.com. Please note this is a new registration system. If you have an existing account and have forgotten your password, please follow the prompts to reset your password. If you are a new user, please create an account.
- Once you are logged into the system, please select “Public Skating" from the menu at the top of your screen, and select the public skating event/time you would like to attend by clicking “Register Here."
- An overview of the class with important information pertaining to the activity will be provided. Please review this information and click on the blue “REGISTER HERE" button located in the upper right and corner of your screen.
2. You will be prompted to provide registrants names. Depending on how many individuals are listed on your individual account, you may wish to add other family members. To do this, please click on the “+" symbol and select “+ Add Family Member" by completing the required fields.
3. Please sure you review the waiver and select “Agree", then click the “NEXT" button to be prompted the “CHECKOUT" screen. On this screen, please ensure all information is correct and select “CHECKOUT". If corrections are required, please click the “Modify Booking" button.
Select payment method
- If you are registering for a program/activity that requires payment, please select the payment method. If you are a new account holder, there is an option to add a new card to your account. If you already have an account, with a payment method attached to your account, the card will be automatically processed.
Please click “Place My Order" to complete your transaction. You will be e-mailed a receipt and registration confirmation along with an option to “Add to Calendar" which will automatically populate the calendar function on your device.
- Spectators or guardians who are accompanying skaters are not required to register but are required to complete online screening and provide proof of double vaccination (plus 14 days.)
- Upon entry to the Oro-Medonte Community Arena, Township staff will be requesting proof of completed screening and vaccination status (if applicable.) Confirmation of payment will be maintained though a “class list"; however, it will be helpful if you are able to provide confirmation of registration at the door.
Understanding this is a new process and the Township is no longer able to accept payment at the door, there is an option for individuals to register upon arrival at the arena using a smartphone by visiting oro-medonte.perfectmind.com provided there are spaces available. If you do not have a smartphone, Township staff will be available to provide assistance through the use of a Township laptop to complete the registration process.
Province of Ontario COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Status Requirements
Effective September, 22, 2021, the Province of Ontario is requiring proof of full vaccination (plus 14 days) of the following individuals prior to entry into recreation facilities:
- Participants/parents/spectators 18 yrs. & older
- Any youth 12-17 yrs. old not actively participating in an organized sport
Please note that governing bodies of sport leagues & associations may have more restrictive participation requirements. Also, older children who are still under the age of 12 may be required to provide proof of age (but not proof of vaccination status).
Please come to the Oro-Medonte Community Arena prepared with the necessary documents:
- Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 vaccination certificate or other Government issued vaccination record.
- Acceptable identification which includes name & birthdate – photo ID is not required. Examples include birth certificate, citizenship card, driver's license or other government issued ID.
Please be patient and respectful with staff as they do their best to adapt to these new rules. Arrive early to allow extra time to review the required documents.
As per provincial regulations, anyone who refuses to provide the necessary proof of vaccination will not be permitted to enter Township recreation facilities.
The Province of Ontario has prepared a list of frequently asked questions pertaining to proof of vaccination against COVID-19, as well as the Ministry of Health’s Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations under the Reopening Ontario Act.
Arena / Banquet Hall / Meeting Room
71 Line 4 North
(Corner of Hwy # 11 S and 4th Line N)
Facility capacity: 400 persons on the floor surface
- Seasonal ice play – September to April (no summer ice available)
- Public skating begins in October until the end of the season
- Concession stand on-site during the ice season – available for catering hall events
- 6 Dressing Rooms with showers
- Warm and cold viewing areas
- Summer floor rental availability for sports (ie: ball hockey, lacrosse) and various uses. Contact us to determine if your event would suit our facility.
Facility capacity: 200-250 persons
- Air conditioned
- Wheelchair accessible with an elevator
- Has basic kitchen facility for food preparation & serving ONLY
- Excellent for hosting many types of events
- Anniversaries, Jack & Jill / Buck & Doe Events
- Birthday parties (can be coordinated with public skating)
- Business meetings, conferences, training sessions, etc.
The new meeting room at the Community Centre is located on the upper floor of the building across from the Banquet Hall. It is carpeted and comfortably fits 12-15 people with a separate accessible washroom and overlooks the highway.
To book this room please contact the Operations & Community Services Department at 487-2171.