Electronic Submission Guidelines
The Oro-Medonte Building Division is now accepting electronic Permit Application documents. Including all forms, documents, reports, specifications, calculations and plans.
All Submissions shall be at the Oro-Medonte Administration Office located at 148 Line 7 South.
Applications may be submitted in hardcopy or Electronic format.
All plans review comments, clarification or documents may be submitted hardcopy or Electronic.
Fax is not permitted for any submissions.
Revisions to approved permits will NOT be accepted in any form until all applicable Zoning Requirements have been approved.
Hardcopy Submission Requirements
- Maximum paper size of 11”x17” at proper scale. (if drawing scale requires larger format they are required to be submitted electronically)
- Complete Permit Application
- Completed Municipal Form 6 (fee calculations)
- All plans/drawings must include all the information required in
Schedule B of Building By-Law 2018-025.
Electronic Submission Requirements
- Hardcopy of completed Permit Application & Municipal Form 6 (fee calculations)
- Electronic copies of All plans/drawings must include all the information required in
Schedule B of Building By-Law 2018-025.
- Refer to Electronic File Requirements (See Below)
- All applications, hardcopy or electronic, must be accompanied by the plans and specifications prescribed by the applicable by-law, resolution or regulation made under clause 7(1)(b) of the Building Code Act, 1992.
- All applications, hardcopy or electronic, must accompanied by the information and documents prescribed by the applicable by- law, resolution or regulation made under clause 7(1)(b) of the Building Code Act, 1992 which enable the chief building official to determine whether the proposed building, construction or demolition will contravene any applicable law.
Any applications submitted without the required information as noted above will be deemed incomplete and held until ALL required information/documentation is received.
Electronic File Requirements - General
- All electronic documents, plans and drawings must be submitted in PDF format, ver. 7 or later.
- Files must be unsecured and not password protected.
- Forms may be completed and signed electronically. All Oro-Medonte Building forms and Applications are available online in fillable format.
- Plans/Drawings with multiple pages and sets must be combined into a single Electronic Document (PDF format) and in proper order
- Documents/Drawings containing multiple layers must be flattened to a single layer prior to submission
- Documents/Drawings must have no comments. Text placed on the PDF as a comment must be flattened or removed. When rendering drawings to PDF, options for saving text as comments must not be selected
- Full-colour renderings and photos may be submitted, but only as supplements to a sufficient set of plans
- Electronically-produced documents, plans and drawings (i.e. dwg, docx) must be converted into PDF format for submission. Printing to paper and scanning it to create a PDF should be avoided.
- The scale and page size of the plans/drawings on the PDF must match the scale and page size of the full-sized plans/drawings on paper.
- Documents must be properly labelled. An abbreviated description of the documents as Follows:
App = Building permit application, Schedule 1, and Form 6(fee sheet)
EEDS = Energy Efficiency Design Summary Forms
DWGS = Drawings
Floor = I-Joist layout and beam specs and details
Truss = Truss layouts and profiles
HVAC = Heat loss Calculations, duct design and layout and vent summary, HVAC schedule 1
Eng = Commitment to review/Engineering
- Where a submission is being made to address a deficiency identified by an Examiner or Inspector, an electronic copy or paper copy of the revised plans must be submitted to the Examiner or Inspector with the changes clearly labelled and red-lined.
Electronic File Requirements – USB Media
The USB drive containing the PDF files must:
- Be compatible with Windows. To format the USB drive, plug it into the computer and navigate to the drive. Once located, right click on the drive and select “Format”. When prompted, please select either FAT32 or NTFS. Please note: Any documents saved on the USB drive prior to formatting will be deleted.
- Contain only the PDF files for the Building Permit application. There should be no additional, unrelated documents on the USB drive.
- Not contain documents that are compressed or zipped, and
- For single permit application, must not contain folders of any kind. All files must be readily visible when the USB drive is accessed. Multiple permit applications, must have their corresponding documents in separate folders
Electronic File Requirements – Scanned Documents
All scanned documents must meet the following requirements:
- Plans/drawings must be at a resolution that is easily legible on screen, and the pages must not be skewed.
- Scanned resolutions of 1-bit black and white 300 dpi is usually acceptable. For plans/drawings containing fine lines and detail, 600 dpi resolution is required.
- Do not reduce the scanned document size.
- Scanning documents in full colour is only necessary if it contains photographs.