Are you on the list to vote for the upcoming municipal election?
If you are an Ontario resident over the age of 18 you can visit voterlookup.ca to confirm or update your information in a few easy steps. You can also change your school support for electoral purposes and add names to your property address.
Updating this information will help to ensure that municipal Voters’ Lists are accurate and up-to-date in preparation for municipal and school board elections occurring this October.
Find out ahead of time if you are eligible to vote. Visit voterlookup.ca or call 1-866-296-6722. Have your say. Log on today click on the link below.
In order to qualify as an eligible elector, you must:
- Reside in the Township of Oro-Medonte, or are the owner or tenant of land, or the spouse of such owner or tenant;
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- Be 18 years of age (as of Election Day) or older; and
- Not prohibited from voting as outlined in s. 7(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996 or otherwise by law.
When and How to Vote
This year the Township of Oro-Medonte will be offering three (3) ways for a voter to cast their ballot: by Internet, by phone, or by paper ballot.
Vote by Internet and Phone Anywhere
- October 12 at 9:00am to October 22 at 8:00pm
Vote by Internet and Phone on Election Day at a Help Centre
- October 22 from 8:30am to 8:00 pm at Township’s Administration Centre
- October 22 from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm Location TBA
Vote by Paper Ballot (Advance Polls Only)
- October 12 from 10:00am to 3:00pm at Township’s Administration Centre
- October 15 from 10:00am to 3:00pm Location TBA
- October 18 from 3:00pm to 8pm Location TBA
Endorsement of Nomination
As a qualified voter you may be asked to sign an Endorsement of Nomination on the prescribed form by a potential candidate. New for the 2018 municipal elections, in order for a potential candidate to file their Nomination they must include twenty-five (25) written endorsements of nomination for their position.
A person endorsing a nomination must be an eligible voter in Oro-Medonte on the day to which the endorsement is signed.
The Endorsement of Nomination forms are deemed to be public information, and may be available to a requester.