Water Rates & Due Dates
On January 9th, 2017, Council adopted a new billing structure for water services in Oro-Medonte. This new billing model is based on recommendations made by KPMG following a detailed analysis of the Township’s Environmental Services programs. Council has not approved the rates that will be applied to bills using the new model.
This new billing model will provide the Township with a stable, sustainable funding mechanism that is fair and equitable to all system users and taxpayers. Please contact the Environmental Services Department for more information.
Process for Establishing Oro-Medonte Water Rates
January 9, 2017
Report and presentation to Council by KMPG regarding new water rate structure and Community Information Centres. New structure endorsed by Council.
March 8, 2017
2017 Operating and Capital Budgets approved by Council.
March 22, 2017
Communications Plan report presented and approved by Council.
April 10, 11, 12, 2017
Open Houses on Water Rate Structure/solicit comments and feedback from residents.
April 7 – 19, 2017
Comments and feedback to be received from residents.
April 19 – 21, 2017
Analysis of Resident comments and feedback for Council consideration when the Bylaw comes forward to finalize rates.
April 26, 2017
Bylaw with Rates to be presented to Council for consideration.
Bill Due Dates
Water usage is billed quarterly, with payment due dates falling on the last business day of February, May, August and November.
Last Banking Day of:
|January - March||April||May|
|April - June||July||August|
|July - September||October||November|
|October - December||January||February|
The Treasurer shall impose a five (5) percent late charge on all unpaid accounts on the day after the due date. If an account remains unpaid, the Township may collect amounts payable pursuant to Section 398(2) of the Municipal Act, 2001, c. 25, as amended.
How to Pay Your Bill
Payment can be made:
- In person at the Administration Centre using cash, cheque, or by Interac between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding statutory holidays). After-hours payments can be left in the drop box located at the main entrance of the building.
- By mail (cheques only) to the Administration Centre. Cheques should be made payable to the Township of Oro-Medonte and the roll number of the property should be written on the cheque.
- Post-dated cheques are accepted and can be dropped off at, or mailed to the Administration Centre.
- Telephone/Internet Banking and ABMs:
- When setting up the Township of Oro-Medonte as a vendor please note that there will be two options, one for water payments and one for tax payments.
- The account number will be the roll number for the property, excluding the last four zeros.
- At the counter of most financial institutions. For this option you will need to bring in your payment stub attached to your bill. Please confirm with the teller that they are applying the payment to your water account.
For more information about paying your Water Bill,
please contact the Finance Department