This voluntary program authorizes your financial institution to automatically withdraw your payments from your bank account and forward them to the Township of Oro-Medonte.
This program is available only for the payment of property taxes. It is not currently available for the payment of water bills.
How To Sign Up
Step 1 – Choose which of the payment options outlined below meets your needs.
Step 2 – Complete a registration form and return it to the Township of Oro-Medonte Administration Centre along with a void cheque.
What Payment Options are Available
There are three pre-authorized payment options:
Option 1 – Equal monthly payments for current taxes
- Ten monthly payments from January to October, withdrawn on the last banking day of each month.
- Amounts are calculated annually and notification is mailed in December.
Option 2 – Payments on regular due dates
- Regular tax installments on tax due dates.
- Amounts and dates are provided on interim and final tax bills mailed to the ratepayer a minimum of four weeks prior to the due date.
Option 3 – Payments for properties in arrears
- Twelve monthly payments in the amount that has been pre-approved to clear the arrears on the property.
- The amount is determined after discussion with and approval by the Tax Collector.
- Payments are withdrawn on the last banking day of each month.
- You may only enroll in Options 1 & 2 if your account is paid in full.
- Once you have signed up, you will automatically remain in the program until you choose to withdraw in writing.
- You may change your bank information or cancel your participation in the program by providing written notice at least 30 days before the next payment due date.
- If any pre-authorized payment does not clear your bank account, the Township will charge a $20 administration fee and interest charges. You will be removed from the program and returned to the regular installment plan.
- Supplementary tax bills will not be included in the pre-authorized payment program.