The Engineering Section ensures that the Township's municipal services such as roads, water, wastewater systems and storm water drainage/management facilities are designed for the appropriate protection, health and quality of life of the public.
The Engineering Section's core business includes the:
- Assessment, planning, review and design of municipal infrastructure such as roads, sidewalks, storm drainage, water and wastewater systems.
- Review and comment on municipal servicing issues at various stages of development, including Official Plan Amendment, Secondary Plan, Draft Plan of Subdivision and Site Plan.
- Review of subdivision, site plan and other municipal servicing agreements.
- Storm water management monitoring programs, and development of associated implementation strategies.
- Preparation of the engineering component of the Development Charge By-law.