In a time where Ontarians are living longer, healthier lives and with the adult population expected to more than double by 2036, the Township of Oro-Medonte is working with the County of Simcoe and the community to develop the right strategies for an Age-Friendly Community. Ontario’s aging population also brings with it opportunities for businesses to play a key role in delivering and creating age-friendly services and goods that boost economic prosperity for all.
What is the Age-Friendly Community Plan project about?
The goals of the Age-Friendly Community Plan project are to:
- Define what “Age-Friendly” means in Oro-Medonte;
- Ask residents what they need as they age in the Township;
- Identify outcomes that residents would like to see;
- Develop recommendations; and
- Create an action plan.
What will I see happening in the Township?
Currently, the Township is at Phase 3.
Phase 1 - Establish a Community Committee and Develop Municipal Principles.
The Committee will develop the vision and principles, create a community profile and establish the project’s priorities.
Phase 2 - Assess the Community’s Needs.
The assessment will define challenges and opportunities facing our aging population, and provide measurement benchmarks for evaluating progress.
- Complete the survey online (*Note: you will be directed to the County of Simcoe survey and will be asked to identify your municipality at the end of the survey).
- Print a copy and drop off the completed survey at the locations listed in the survey.
- Complete the survey during a scheduled community session (contact Marie Brissette by telephone at 705-487-2171 x2135 or by email at email@example.com for an up to date schedule).
Phase 3 - Create the Age-Friendly Community Plan
The draft plan will include actions to address the identified needs and provide opportunities for partnerships and collaboration with neighbouring municipalities.
For more information, please contact Marie Brissette by telephone at 705-487-2171 x2135 or by email at